Actor Atul Kulkarni Travels to Pahalgam After Terrorist Attack, Appeals for Continued Support to Kashmir
Actor Atul Kulkarni has made a strong appeal to fellow Indians after his recent visit to Pahalgam, just days after a terrorist attack shook the region. Speaking to BBC News Hindi while on his way to the valley, Kulkarni emphasized that Kashmir remains “very safe” and called on tourists not to cancel their vacation plans.
Atul Kulkarni Responds with Action After Pahalgam Attack
Addressing the impact of the April 22 incident, Kulkarni said that while the attack was tragic and deeply saddening, it must not deter people from visiting Kashmir. He noted that every time an unfortunate event happens, the immediate reactions are often confined to social media posts, conversations among friends, or brief expressions of grief. However, he felt compelled to take real action this time.
“What happened on the 22nd was a very tragic incident; this should not have happened,” Atul shared. “When I read about it, I thought — we always post on social media, we talk, but what can I actually do in action? I found out that despite this being peak tourist season, almost 90% of the bookings had been canceled. I felt we need to stand with Kashmiriyat and the Kashmiri people.”
Kulkarni stressed that withdrawing support now would mean letting fear win and undoing the connection that has been growing between Kashmir and the rest of India over the past few years. “Itni badi tadaat mein log arahe the yaha 1-2 saalon mein. Achanak se agar rukh gaye hum log toh jo sambandh ban raha tha mainland aur Kashmir ka woh rukna nahi chahiye,” he said, highlighting that a sudden halt in tourism would hurt the growing relationship between Kashmir and the rest of India.
Atul Kulkarni’s visit was not just symbolic. He shared pictures from his trip to Pahalgam, showcasing the serene beauty of the valley and interacting with the local community. His message was clear: the attack was meant to instill fear and discourage people from traveling to Kashmir, but Indians must respond by reaffirming their solidarity.
“Kashmir Humara Hai, Hum Ayenge” – Atul Kulkarni
“The terrorists gave us the message, ‘Don’t come here.’ No, we will come here. It’s our Kashmir, and we will come here in large numbers,” he said passionately. Urging tourists to think differently, he added, “If you have decided to travel somewhere else, cancel that and come to Kashmir. It is very safe here.”
Kulkarni’s stance echoes the sentiment of other celebrities who have voiced their support for Kashmir after the recent attack. Actor Suniel Shetty, too, recently said, “Agli chutti Kashmir mein hi hogi,” urging people to be fearless and continue visiting the valley.
Atul’s visit comes at a crucial time for Kashmir’s tourism sector. The valley had seen a significant revival in tourism over the past couple of years, with record footfalls boosting local livelihoods and bringing economic stability. However, the recent attack led to mass cancellations, threatening to derail this recovery.
By personally visiting Pahalgam and urging others to do the same, Atul Kulkarni has made a powerful statement against fear-mongering. His call is not just about tourism but about sending a message of unity, resilience, and national pride.
As he put it, “Kashmir humara hai, hum ayenge (Kashmir is ours, and we will come).”
With voices like Atul Kulkarni leading the way, many hope that confidence in Kashmir’s safety will be restored quickly, allowing the valley to continue flourishing as one of India’s most cherished travel destinations.