Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9 crore debt case; refuses to name Bollywood stars who helped him financially, says “I do not want sympathy.”
Bollywood actor Rajpal Yadav has been granted interim bail on February 16 in connection with a ₹9 crore cheque bounce case. The actor, who has faced financial difficulties over the past decade, has reportedly received support from several Bollywood colleagues. However, in a recent interview with Etimes, Rajpal Yadav refused to disclose the names of those who assisted him financially or the amounts provided, emphasizing that he does not seek public sympathy.
Rajpal Yadav on Industry Support
Speaking about the support extended to him, Rajpal Yadav stated that he is being cautious in discussing financial matters because legal proceedings are still ongoing. While media reports have mentioned names like Sonu Sood, Salman Khan, and Ajay Devgn as contributors, Rajpal maintained that the Bollywood industry does not need to publicly validate its support for him.
also read:- Mrunal Thakur Reveals Scandinavian Ex-Boyfriend’s Insecurities Over Hrithik Roshan and Shahid Kapoor
He said, “This matter first appeared in the media in 2012. Headlines claimed that ‘Rajpal Yadav is a fraud’. Since then, I have worked in at least ten films every year. If I were truly a fraud, why would people continue to work with me? The industry doesn’t need to prove that they are with me; I have faith that everyone is with me.”
On being asked directly about the financial aid, he added, “I respect all the help that has come my way, but I do not want sympathy.”
Background of the Debt Case
Rajpal Yadav’s financial troubles trace back to a decade-old loan issue. In 2010, he borrowed ₹5 crore from Delhi-based Murali Pvt Ltd to finance his directorial project Ata Pata Laapata. The film’s failure at the box office led to an inability to repay the loan. Following this, seven cheques issued by the actor were dishonoured, initiating legal action against him.
In 2018, a magistrate’s court convicted Rajpal and his wife, Radha, under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, sentencing him to six months of simple imprisonment. The court suspended his sentence in 2024 on the condition that Rajpal take sincere steps to clear the dues, which had escalated to ₹9 crore by then.
On February 2, 2026, the Delhi High Court ordered Rajpal Yadav to surrender after he informed the court that he lacked the means to repay the amount. He subsequently surrendered and was sent to Tihar Jail, where several Bollywood stars, including Sonu Sood, extended financial support. Sonu Sood also signed Rajpal for a project with token remuneration to encourage the industry to assist him. Reports later revealed that Salman Khan, Ajay Devgn, Varun Dhawan, and others had contributed to help the actor.
Interim Bail Granted
Rajpal Yadav has now been granted interim bail, which will last until March 18, 2026. The actor’s decision to withhold the names of benefactors highlights his humility and desire to navigate his challenges privately without attracting public sympathy.
For More Hindi News:- http://newz24india.com